Parallax image

Center of Mediterranean Architecture (Grand Arsenal)

考古遗址和古迹
Next Project The Minaret of St. Nicholas The Minaret of St. Nicholas
Venetian Neoria Previous Project Venetian Neoria

View in larger map

区域

Old Harbour

分享

The Grand Arsenal is the last of the 17 Neoria to the west. Its construction started in 1585 by the Intendant Alvise Grimani. A new era began for the Grand Arsenal with the addition of the second flour in 1872 during the Turkish period. The building hosted several important public services and authorities.

Nowadays, it has been transformed from a roofless ruin into an impressive building that hosts various events and exhibitions. Since 2002, after its reformation, it hosts the Center of Mediterranean Architecture, organizing important cultural events, artistic exhibitions and international events related to architecture.